SAVAGE THUNDER by Floridawn Lewis - CHAPTER 5



He brought up his hands, as if he were being arrested. “No need to run away, now,” then he started to sing-song, “because you are my sunshine, my one and only sunshine and my heart is yours forevermore.”

“That’s beautiful, Marc. You know I was my dad’s sunshine.”

“Yes, I know. You were singing the song in the car the day of the car wreck.”

April nodded, tears in her eyes. “September 10th, 1986. I heard the honking of someone’s horn. I was screaming at my dad to watch out for the pickup truck that was headed straight for us, headlights shining brightly into our eyes. The next thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital with stitches in my side. My parents dead on impact. Then being shipped off to some foster home. I couldn’t wait to get out of there, Marc! I hated living in that tiny house in Denver. Hated being alone, so I ran away when I was old enough to leave. I run away, that’s what I do.” April’s tears wouldn’t stop. “That whole experience changed my life forever.”

“Ssshhh, my Baby. I have one more gift for you, to make you feel better,” Marc said, trying to lighten the mood.

Model Kelly Ashmore; Photographer Maria Seidel Ashmore

Savage Thunder by Floridawn Lewis is available on Amazon!

 Model Kelly Ashmore; Photographer Maria Seidel Ashmore 

Comments

Popular Posts